Friday, November 11, 2011

Slow Cooked Rabbit and Liver

More crockpot goodness.  I kept this one simple.


1 rabbit
1/2 pound grassfed lamb liver, sliced
1/2 of a large sweet potato/yam
heaping spoonful of chopped garlic
freshly ground poultry seasonings
1 can coconut milk
1 can water


Cook low and slow.  When close to serving time, remove what you won't be eating for this meal into glass pyrex storage containers.  Cool, cover and refrigerate.  


1 red bell pepper


Chop, dice, slice, however you like them, add to the stew in the crockpot, and cook until the peppers are done.  


I really liked this dish.  I like liver though, and that is the predominant flavor.  I think next time, I may puree the liver, and use that to thicken the stew.  I will also omit the can of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment